This recipe appeared in MasterChef UK – Season 12 and was created by Jane Devonshire. Jane went on to become a MasterChef Champion in 2016.
Puy Lentil, Pomegranate, Spinach, Feta & Walnut Salad
- 1 Chef's Knife
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Large Saucepan
- 1 Sieve
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 7 oz Puy Lentils
- 7 oz Feta Cheese
- 7 oz Pomegranate Seeds
- 4.5 oz Baby Spinach (Washed)
- Handful Flat Leaf Parsley (Chopped)
- Handful Basil Leaves (Torn)
- 2 oz Walnuts (Roughly Chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Sherry VInegar
- 3 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Put the puy lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until cooked but firm to the bite.
- Drain and rinse under boiling water then drain again and toss into a large serving bowl with the spinach. The heat of the lentils should cause the spinach to wilt. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, mix the dressing ingredients together and add them to the lentils.
- Add the chopped feta, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, parsley and basil.
- Mix everything together gently. Taste, season and serve immediately.